Assembler / Shipper – Primary responsibilities are to assemble together different parts of manufactured products using hand and power tools, readying these products for shipment. Involves handling of all size parts to complete assemblies.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Must possess general mechanical and or assembly skills.
- Must be able to properly bolt components together with correct positioning and tightening of the hardware.
- Mechanical problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills a must.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and use hand tools, impact wrenches and various other air tools.
- Must be able to operate lifting devices.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to read parts manuals to identify required parts and to understand their relationship to adjoining parts.
- Must be able to communicate both written and oral as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing for demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to lift and handle components weighing up to 120 lbs.
- Must be able to work with others, as many assembly tasks require two individuals.
- Must be agile enough to work on parts or equipment that is either on the floor, pallet or lift table.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Correctly assemble components of various products for shipment as instructed.
- Examine products for missing components / poor paint finish, touch up as needed.
- Assemble and package equipment and / or components for shipment.
- Remove as required small quantities of metal with hand files, scrapers, or grinders to produce close fit between parts.
- In addition to product assembly, employee must be capable of inspecting and in some cases testing products to ensure they will perform correctly.
- Report any material discrepancies or material defects to the area supervisor.
- Operates lifting devices for movement of parts and other equipment as needed.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Abide by the company safety and personnel policies
- Carry out any other responsibilities that the supervisor may assign from time to time or as needed by the company.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management; subject to reasonable accommodations
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
- Safety Glasses while in the factory.
- Steel Toe Footwear while in the factory.
- Hearing protection as required per job.
Physical Demand Category:
- Heavy Work
- Lifting 120 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and /or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Depth Perception – Yes
- Color Discrimination – Yes
- Hearing – Average
- Peripheral Vision – Yes
- Stand / Walk – 6-8 Hrs+
- Sitting – Occasional
- Bending - Frequent
- Cold – Yes
- Dampness – Yes
- Noise – Yes (OSHA Limits)
- Heat / Humidity – Yes
- Confined Space – NO
- Simple Grasping –Yes
- Fine Manipulation – Yes
- Pushing & Pulling –Yes
- Finger Dexterity – Yes
- Foot Movement – Yes
- Bending - Yes
This Job Requires:
- Bending – Frequent
- Squatting – Frequent
- Climbing – Occasional
- Twisting – Frequent
- Reaching – Frequent
- Lifting - Frequent