Fabricator – Primary responsibilities are fabricating material out of metal, ensuring the availability and functioning of required items. May involve the operation of power-press machines, power brake machines, tube bender, shear, or saw to bend, form, notch, punch, straighten or shape metal.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Must possess general mechanical skills.
- Mechanical problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills a must.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, verify dimensions, use a straightedge and other measuring devices.
- Must be able to operate lifting devices.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must have a basic understanding of parts drawings.
- Must be able to communicate both written and oral as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing for demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to lift and handle components weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work with others, as some tasks require two individuals.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Operate hydraulic press, press brake, former, bender, or saw according to specifications.
- Measure workpieces and verify dimensions using appropriate tools.
- Help position special-purpose die sets into ram and bed of machine using lifting devices, hand tools as instructed.
- Plan sequence of operations, applying knowledge of basic properties of the metal.
- Watch gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Report any material discrepancies or material defects to the area supervisor.
- Operate lifting devices for movement of parts and other equipment as needed.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Abide by the company safety and personnel policies
- Carry out any other responsibilities that the supervisor may assign from time to time or as needed by the company.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management; subject to reasonable accommodations
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
- Safety Glasses while in the factory.
- Steel Toe Footwear while in the factory.
- Hearing protection as required per job.
Physical Demand Category:
- Heavy Work
- Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and /or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Depth Perception – Yes
- Color Discrimination – Yes
- Hearing – Average
- Peripheral Vision – Yes
- Near Vision - Yes
- Stand / Walk – 6-8 Hrs+
- Sitting – Occasional
- Bending - Frequent
- Cold – Yes
- Dampness – Yes
- Noise – Yes (OSHA Limits)
- Heat / Humidity – Yes
- Confined Space – NO
- Simple Grasping –Yes
- Fine Manipulation – Yes
- Pushing & Pulling –Yes
- Finger Dexterity – Yes
- Foot Movement – Yes
- Bending - Yes
This Job Requires:
- Bending – Frequent
- Squatting – Frequent
- Climbing – Occasional
- Twisting – Frequent
- Reaching – Frequent
- Lifting - Frequent