Wire Welder – Primary responsibilities are to bind structural as well as non-structural components by means of welding according to drawings or layout of fixtures. Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinder, hand file or scraper if required. Weld components in flat, vertical or positions as required.
Key Skills and Competencies:
Must possess general welding and mechanical skills.
- Mechanical problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills a must.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, verify dimensions, use straightedge and other measuring devices.
- Must be able to operate lifting devices.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must have basic understanding of parts drawings.
- Must be able to communicate both written and oral as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to lift and handle components weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work with others, as some tasks require two individuals.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Operate wire welder in the assembly of components.
- Measure work pieces and verify dimensions using appropriate tools.
- Help position components in welding fixtures using lifting devices, hand tools as instructed.
- Plan sequence of welding, applying knowledge of basic properties of metal.
- Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
- Avoid overheating of parts which could cause warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials.
- Report any faulty operation of equipment or defective materials to area supervisor.
- Operate lifting devices for movement of parts and other equipment as needed.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Abide by the company safety and personnel policies
- Carry out any other responsibilities that supervisor may assign from time to time or as needed by the company.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
- Safety Glasses while in factory.
- Steel Toe Footwear while in factory.
- Welding Hood.
- Protective clothing (gloves, sleeves, vest) as required.
- Hearing protection as required per job.
Physical Demand Category:
Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and /or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Depth Perception – Yes Color Discrimination – Yes Hearing – Average
Peripheral Vision – Yes Near Vision - Yes
Stand / Walk – 6-8 Hrs. + Sitting – Occasional Bending - Frequent
Cold – Yes Dampness – Yes Noise – Yes (OSHA Limits)
Heat / Humidity – Yes Confined Space – NO
Simple Grasping –Yes Fine Manipulation – Yes Pushing & Pulling –Yes
Finger Dexterity – Yes Foot Movement – Yes Bending - Yes
This Job Requires
Bending – Frequent Squatting – Frequent Climbing – Occasional
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management; subject to reasonable accommodations